Welcome to SinfoniaNord’s new website. We have officially opened our doors to the vast online world. Make yourself at home, browse away and let’s get to know each other.
The New Website
“This website is to let the world know about SinfoniaNord in HOF – in some respects a clerk’s counter with a window to the world” says Thorvaldur Bjarni Thorvaldsson, the CEO of SinfoniaNord. On top of launching the web, SinfoniaNord is joining all the major social media networks such as facebook, twitter, instagram and youtube.
SinfoniaNord is an Icelandic initiative, selected by the Eything regional association in 2018 for funding and further development. SinfoniaNord was established to promote the amazing talent and facilities seemingly hidden in the North to assist customers in creating and/or recording original scores projects of any scope. Despite large scale projects such as recording a cinematic score for giants such as NETFLIX or performing the Lord of the Rings films live to projection, the initiative is still in its early stages, Thorvaldur explains.
“When we began our journey with the music of Atli Örvarsson for the Hollywood blockbuster “The Perfect Guy”, we had no idea that only 2 years later, we would have about 20 projects for film and television under our belts. This was all word of mouth; a guy who knew guy etc. Now, we are going to let the world know about us”, Thorvaldur adds.
For the first time in Icelandic history, the film and television industry around the world can look to Iceland for all of their scoring needs, from A to Z. We are very flexible so whether you are looking for a soloist, a string quartet or a full size orchestra with 100 musicians or more, we are here to meet your demands.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Recording your compositions for any project (film, TV, games, solo work, etc).
- Working on your live event or concerts with an orchestra of any size.
- Renting out the best studio in Iceland, located in HOF, SinfoniaNord’s headquarters in the North of Iceland.
- If you are looking for a unique sound, you have come to the right place. It may be due to how sound travels through the Icelandic air and our facilties, the talented artists who breathe life into your work or a perfect storm of just the right ingredients but this exact quality of sound we have to offer is something you won’t find easily elsewhere.
- We are proud of our work and have worked with titans of the industry such as BBC, Disney, Netflix, Sony, The History Channel and legends such as Steve Hackett, Jon Anderson, Midge Ure and Trevor Morris to name a few.
- You can work with us remotely over the internet or pay us a physical visit for a more hands-on approach. Iceland is unlike any other location in the world. Some have gone as far as describing it as another planet. Does it improve your work and the end result? We believe it does.
- Due to the so-called “tutti-clause” in SinfoniaNord’s contract with the Icelandic Musicians Union, we can work with you at a very competitive/affordable price.
Thoughts? Questions? Ideas? Shoot us an e-mail and we will respond as soon as possible.